Hi, All! I know it’s been longer than my two-week max on sharing a blog post, but life did get in the way. Some unexpected personal things did come up and those had to be addressed first. As I always say, family first! Without them, we really don’t have much of anything. Our friends and family should come before anything. Without them, who would love us unconditionally?
Now that I got the mushy stuff outta the way, I’d like to share a post that I usually do not write about… FOOD! What a great dinner my hubby made tonight! I’m usually not a fan of pulled pork, but this was so delicious, I have to share the recipe. Please try and home, but I’ll warn you, it’s pretty darn addictive!
- 3 lbs of Pork Belly (skin removed)
- 4 tbsp of Yellow Mustard
- Your Favorite Dry Rub
- Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
- Rinse the Pork Belly and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Fat Side up apply a generous amount of Yellow Mustard (this will act as the binder for your dry rub)
- Apply the rub and then lit sit for 5 minutes to allow the rub to bind with the mustard and pork belly.
- Flip the Pork Belly and repeat steps 2 and 3 on the other side.
- Pre-Heat your smoker to 225 degrees and smoke the pork belly for 3-4 hours
- Remove the Pork Belly wrap it in foil to seal in juices
- Place in a 350 oven and finishing cooking until extremely fork tender.
- Pull the Pork and mix with your favorite BBQ Sauce!