There are a few things in life better than pizza. Coming from Chicago we know our pizza (sorry New York) and we also know that the cost of a good pizza is on the rise. Which is why making your own delicious pizza at home is fun, delicious and saves you some money! Below is our Recipe for making delicious Pizza at home!
- 4 Cups Bread Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Yeast
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Luke Warm Water
- In a saucepan, warm the water over low heat.
- Take water off heat and stir in the yeast, Set a side.
- Combine Dry Ingredients in your mixing bowl. Mix and make a well so you can add your Water/Yeast Mixture.
- Mix until you have firm dough.
- Let dough rest and ferment at room temp over night.
- Seperate dough into portions, brush with oil so it doesn’t dry out, cover and place in fridge for 24 hours.
- Remove, Let rest at room temp for 20 minutes and then make your pizza!
- 32 oz Tomato Puree
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Teaspoon Sugar
- Salt to Taste
- Combine all ingredients, whisk well and let rest overnight in the fridge.
Once you make the dough and the sauce it’s pretty straight forward from here. You’ll want to preheat your oven to 450 degrees, roll out your Pizza Dough, spread on the sauce, cover with cheese and then bake in the oven for about 13 minutes.